David Roche, Business Manager
AN IMPORTANT MEMO REGARDING FILING FOR STATE OF CT UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS FROM DAVID A. ROCHE, BUSINESS MANAGER
To All Members of Local Union No. 40,
We hope that you and your family are safe and healthy. Each day that passes reminds us of our most precious asset, our good health and that of our fellow union members, family and friends. We have been in direct contact with the Connecticut Department of Labor regarding the most efficient way to file for State Unemployment Benefits. Given the unprecedented volume of new unemployment claims that have been filed with the CT Unemployment Office during the last few weeks, it is critical that your NEW CLAIM or REOPENED CLAIM be handled according to these instructions in order to expedite the payment of your benefits. These instructions are designed to help you work around the large unemployment claim backlog that currently exists.
On the Ct Unemployment website ( type in http://www.filectui.com), please be sure to use the instructions noted below BY CLICKING ON THE LINK “FOR QUICKER PAYMENT OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS"
You may be experienced at filing your unemployment claims, BUT THESE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE SPECIFIC INFORMATION YOU NEED IN ORDER TO BYPASS THE CLAIMS BACKLOG AND GET YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIM PAID FASTER. So please use this guide, including the specific literal instructions (even if they do not match what you think they should be) to enter your claim using the blue button:
- There is a Frequently Asked Questions document available to you that you can access at this link below. This is updated regularly, and you should re‐visit this link periodically to see if additional information applies to you. https://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/progsupt/unemplt/new‐faqui.htm
- PLEASE consider helping your union brothers and sisters with this process.
- It requires computer access and some savvy that you may be able to share and help someone else during these tough times.
- You can be sure everyone has received this information!
- Note that after you file or reopen your unemployment claim you will receive a confirmation email from the CT Unemployment Office approximately a week later.